Tue, Mar 08|
Receive Zoom link upon registering.
Celebrate International Women's Day with Entreprenista & Hershey's Global Virtual Event
Join Entreprenista for their International Women’s Day Global Event on March 8th at 11am EST. The event will start with a Spoken Word Performance by Biet Simkin, world-renowned meditation leader dubbed the “David Bowie of Meditation '' followed by a performance from Lía Nereida García Barreto.
Time & Location
Mar 08, 2022, 11:00 AM EST
Receive Zoom link upon registering.
About the Event
Join us for our International Women’s Day Global Event on March 8th at 11am EST. We will kick-off the event with a Spoken Word Performance by Biet Simkin, world-renowned meditation leader dubbed the “David Bowie of Meditation '' followed by a performance from Lía Nereida García Barreto.
Entreprenista will bring together a panel of successful and innovative women to showcase their talents in a variety of industries to discuss Gender Equality and how Gender balance is not solely a women's issue, but also an economic issue. Singer/Songwriter, Tennille Amor, will close out the event with a live virtual performance of “I am a Girl."
You can learn more about the panelists below:
- Singer/Songwriter, Tennille Amor - Tennille Amor is a singer/songwriter, originally from Trinidad and Tobago, who has worked with artists like; Shaggy, Pixie Lott, John Legend, Mr. Vegas, Bunji Garlin, Pras Michel, and the Black Eyed Peas crew. Her song, ‘I Am a Girl,’ was released on International Women’s Day (8 March 2016), at the United Nations Headquarters, is an anthem empowering girls and women around the world to believe in themselves and go after their dreams, no matter what obstacles they may face. Ms. Amor is a United Nations advocate for Gender Equality, and is passionate about using her music as a means to positively affect societal change.
- Biet Simkin is the world-renowned meditation leader dubbed the “David Bowie of Meditation.” As a musician, Biet weaves the world of pop culture and spirituality, teaching practical applications of ancient spiritual wisdom. The teachings are featured in Biet’s best selling book, ‘Don’t Just Sit There!’ published by Simon & Schuster.
- Michelle Meireles - Business Strategist, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Michelle is a serial entrepreneur with over 15 years of experience in business and people management. As a public speaker she has worked with the most reputable companies in Brazil, as well as Universities and a few different areas of the Brazilian Government. She’s known for empowering women through Entrepreneurship and Financial Freedom. Michelle has also known for her speeches, events and public actions against domestic violence against women.
- Tena Pick is a social impact consultant passionate about women empowerment, community development and social impact measurement. She is based in India with extensive experience in the Middle East, Caribbean, Africa and South and Southeast Asia. She is the Founder of Project Kal, a gender leadership academy focusing on dismantling toxic masculinity patterns in India. Project Kal works in prevention of gender-based violence by proactively and intentionally engaging men in the greater conversations around equality. Project Kal’s clients include schools, corporates, universities and social enterprises around India. Project Kal also focuses on policy advisory and thought leadership in the gender and development space.
- Stephanie Cartin - Co-Founder of Entreprenista- An entrepreneur at heart, Stephanie Cartin walked away from her corporate career in 2012 to follow her passion to launch Socialfly, a leading social-first digital and influencer marketing agency based in New York City. Within eight years, Socialfly has blossomed to over 30 full-time employees and has been named to Inc. 5000's fastest growing private companies two years in a row. The agency has worked with over 200 well-known brands including Girl Scouts, WeTV, Conair, Nest Fragrances, 20th Century Fox and Univision. Stephanie is the co-host of the Entreprenista Podcast and the co-founder of Entreprenista Media, a membership platform, The Entreprenista League which serves women founders and leaders.